Seattle Ethics and Elections Rules
These rules interpret SMC 3.70, the Seattle Ethics and Elections Commissionís enabling ordinance. The rules establish procedures for the Commissionís operations, including procedures for hearings, investigations, and enforcement of the codes the Commission is charged with administering.
Search Elections Code Administrative Rules and Executive Director's Rule
Browse Elections Code Administrative Rules and Executive Director's Rule
Download Elections Code Administrative Rules as single document
- Administrative Rules 1-14 were adopted by the Seattle Ethics and Elections Commission at its November 7, 2007 meeting and took effect on December 11, 2007.
- Administrative Rule 15 was adopted by the Commission on February 2, 2011, and took effect March 30, 2011. Rule 15 was amended in July 2016.
- Rules 4.D and Rule 11 were amended on June 6, 2012.
- Executive Directorís Rule covers Mini Campaign Reporting.
- Rule 14 was amended in August 2016.
- Rule 16 Implementing I-122 was added in December 2016.
These rules interpret SMC 4.16, the Code of Ethics.
Rule 1. Advisory Committee Rule
Rule 2. Gift Rule
Advisory Opinions are available on the SEECís Ethics website.
These rules interpret SMC 2.14, the Election Pamphlets Code (aka the Votersí Pamphlet or Votersí Guide Code).
These rules interpret SMC 2.06, the Lobbying Regulations (aka the Lobbying Code).
For more information about the Administrative and Ethics Rules, call 206-684-0595.
For more information about the Seattle's Elections, Lobbying and Votersí Pamphlet Rules, call 206-615-1248.
The official, paper copies of these rules are filed in the Seattle City Clerk's Office, 600 4th Ave. Floor 3.